Sidcup Medical Centre
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT – ONLINE SERVICES
We are pleased to announce that our new GP online services is now live at https://www.patientaccess.com/
If you were previously registered for online services, over the next month you will automatically be registered for a full account and will receive an email from ‘YourHealthCareProvider.co.uk’ (N.B. this is an email address name, not a website) with details.
You will not need to show your photo ID to our receptionists as we have already verified your ID. If you would like basic access before then please follow the steps below;
New online services patients can register immediately online at the above link for a basic account, which will give you access to the appointment bookings only. You will then need to be verified the next time you visit, by showing your photo ID to our receptionists so that you can access your full account. Alternatively you can fill out a registration form and return it to reception to be given access to a full account. For this form and more information regarding online services please visit http://www.sidcupmedicalcentre.co.uk/doitonline.aspx or collect a copy from reception. With a full online account you can manage your healthcare at any time by:
- Booking and cancelling an appointment
- Ordering repeat prescriptions
- Viewing your medical summary including medications, allergies, immunisations and problems
- Updating your contact details with us
- Please note: Each patient that registers for online services requires their own email address. Shared email addresses can only be used to register one person.
It’s easy to book appointments and order repeat prescriptions online, at home or on your smartphone/tablet device. Please complete the online services registration form, and bring to the surgery with some photo ID (such as a passport or driving licence) and one of our staff can register you for the service.
Once we’ve registered you at the practice, you will receive an email you need to complete registration online. The 'Patient Access' help page for registration is available here.
Alternatively you can register for a basic account here. A basic account will allow you to book appointments but you still need to bring photo ID to the surgery to upgrade to a full account to order repeat medications.
If you are already registered, you can simply log-in to the online services website using your unique username and password – created when you registered.
GP online services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year, so it can often be easier and more convenient than a phone call or making a special journey to our practice. Occasionally you may find www.patientaccess.com unavailable due to essential maintenance. This is frequently scheduled for around 10pm in the evening. If you encounter a 'Practice is Currently Unavailable' message please try again at a different time.
You can also request access to online services on behalf of somebody you care for.
Why you should register for online services?
- Save yourself a phone call – logging online to book an appointment takes just a minute
- It’s easier to order your repeat prescriptions – you don't need to journey to the practice or wait around on the phone, you can see which repeat prescriptions need to be ordered and only order the ones that you need
- It’s more convenient for you – online services are available 24/7, every day of the year so you don't need to wait until the GP practice is open
- You can also update your demographic details – including telephone numbers and email addresses to make sure that you receive reminders and information from your practice
Find out more
More information about registering for online services can be found in this leaflet, on the NHS Choices website or from patient-services.co.uk 'help' section;